Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Bedroom Inspiration

I have plans to eventually redecorate our bedroom. It has a lot of potential to be a really lovely room. with a fantastic enclave built into the back wall, which fits our bed, with bedside tables built into the side on the enclave. The roof also has lovely floral cornices. The walls are painted white with a pleasing feature wall in the enclave.


What i also love about our room is the wrap around windows that run along two of the sides. I think these would look fantastic as wrap around benches that double as additional storage.


Right now it is just an idea. But here is my 'inspiration board'
1. I want to put a chandelier motif above the bed on the feature wall, in white.
2 & 3. Two examples of the link of wrap around benches that i want. My window looks very similar to number 2
4. I looove Amy Butler fabric, and would adore a quilt made from this beautiful fabric.
So, what do you think? A girl can dream can't she?

2 comments:

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

I like the idea of having an inspiration board. I have the tendency to buy pieces not knowing if they will match and I think this would really help with that and help me concentrate on a theme! :)

Rosie said...

Ooh, I like it! What Amy Butler Fabric is that...its gorgeous?

Found you via ido!